The contemporary… A dance known to all and sought after by many dance enthusiasts for the freedom it offers and its diversity. With “Modern Creative Dance”, in one of the nine courses offered by age, you will be able to discover with ease this art.
The contemporary is a dance linked to it’s time but also its history. This implies a very wide opening field, this is why this dance is very diverse in its representation and form (literature, music, etc.) and focused on weight, space, time, energy, sensation
9 courses available : (L2, L3, MA2, MA3, M3, M4, M5, M6, V1)
Age of students and corresponding hours :
- L2: From 14-15 years old → 5.45 p.m. to 6.45 p.m.
- L3: From 17 to 19/20 years → 6.45 p.m. to 8.15 p.m.
- MA2: 11 years old → 6 p.m. to 7 p.m.
- MA3: 16-17 years old → 7 p.m. to 8 p.m.
- ME3: 10 years → 11 a.m. to 12 p.m.
- ME4: 12 years → 1:30 to 2:30 p.m.
- ME5: 13-14 years → 2:30 to 3:30 p.m.
- ME6: 12-13 years → 3.30 p.m. to 4.30 p.m.
- V1: 9 years old → 5 p.m. to 6 p.m.
Course informations :
Contemporary lessons are open from 8 years old and then the students are divided into 9 lessons according to their age. Ms. Biton, the teacher can decide to place a student in a course higher or lower depending on his age and depending on his level.
The older ones must commit to helping the association and the other groups
Classical dance (ballet) combines technical and graceful movements. In classical, the dancer multiplies the training to succeed in executing movements with a lot of coordination and precision. Flexibility is required in this practice. From 11 years old only.
One course only : Friday from 6 p.m to 7.15 p.m
Specific informations :
Duration: one hour and fifteen minutes.
Price: 165 euros (link)
Dress: classic specific dress (link).
Only for 11 year old students, already in a contemporary group. A dance is prepared for the gala (so three dances in total per student.
We are presenting our new product for 2019-2020: the “Workshop” course. It is a course dedicated to choreographic research, in which students from the age of 10 and who are already registered with the association in a contemporary course, can explore the world of choreographic research and writing. Accompanied by Julie Biton, students will be able to explore the world of artistic composition in dance, improvisation and get a foothold in choreographic culture
Only one lesson available : ME7 Wednesday from 4.44 p.m. to 6.15 p.m. (1:30 a.m.)
Students aged from 10 years old.
General information about the course :
this course will cover 3 or 4 different projects. We will work on 2 composition modules where the dancers will work in solos / duets or small groups on short dances. Throughout the year, this course will be the place to think about the lights, the costumes, about the choreography, etc.
We can also imagine a choreography for others. We can organize a restitution to amateur choreographic meetings, in the street, dance evenings, and why not prepare the dance exam. In the improvisation modules, we will work around the search for a unique gesture, a signature, an identity … let go and find your movement ! Presence in progress but above all commitment and participation, because these are courses in which you have to let go, dance freely and open up to many other cultures and practices.
All together we were able to find avenues of research and work for this first year of the “workshop” course :
- Spectator school: you learn to look at the work of others.
- The composition use of time, space, intentions, …
- Crossing the arts: sessions shared with musicians, visual artists, …
- Go see a show at the quatrain. What took place on Thursday, February 13 “three dance steps”.
- Internship with a professional company Cédric Cherdel around the show “Mascarade” on April 28.
- Internship with Cie Pierre Rigal / Aurélien Bory around the show “Stop games”.
- Compose together or compose for others.
- A little history of dance → where contemporary dance comes from.
- Blank page: give way to collective or individual desires.
This very particular course, more free than technical, is only open to students already enrolled in a contemporary course from 10-11 years old. So it’s a question of mixing ages and projects. On the composition times we can choose to exploit the difference in size and age to explore new tracks (staves, etc.)
Price = for the year (knowing that a contemporary class must also be taken into account), increased by 5 euros for members living outside the municipality.
Final direct presentation (students dance their artistic proposals) or indirect presentation (costumes, choreography lights made by them for others).